The original plan was to set up a dark room and develop and print my own film. Not sure about the printing bit, but development is now been achieved. Like true scientist I kept notes, recorded the procedure and the results.
All the bits obtained from eBay:
- Paterson developing tank (with spools)
- Adox Rodinal developer
- Adox Stopbath
- Adox Fix
Using the excellent Massive Development Chart I determined my film (Ilford Delta 400 Pro) needed 1:50 dilution developer for 18 mins (at 20oC). Other than struggling to get the film loaded on the spool, the process was super easy and it flippin’ worked!
One thing I noticed once scanned was how grainy this film is (oh and the camera has a light leak probably through the door hinge). The next film I used was Ilford Xp2. This is a C41 chemistry film that normally gets processed by a machine, and is uses dyes rather than silver (something like that). To develop needed 20 mins in 1:25, but finer I would say. I finished my Delta 400 film with the image above I took this photo immediately after with the new film.
Generally I would say I preferred the results from XP2 but perhaps I should interchange as grainy is nice too.